Special Gift with The Course
- Wind load calculation excel program
- Earthquake load calculation excel program
Prerequisite / Eligibility
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Civil Engineering
- Level 4 or 4th year student of bachelor’s in civil engineering
- Design Engineer / Site Engineer / Construction Engineer
Professor Dr. Jahangir Alam, Department of Civil Engineering, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Brief Biography of Course Teacher
- Post-Doctoral Fellow in Soil-Structure Interaction at Ecole Centrale Paris in 2008
- PhD in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering, the University of Tokyo, Japan, 2005
- MSc in Civil and Geotechnical Engineering, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2002
- BSc in Civil Engineering, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1998
Professor Dr. Engr. Md. Jahangir Alam is faculty member at the Department of Civil Engineering, BUET, Dhaka-1000, since 1999. He completed his PhD from University of Tokyo in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering in 2005 as a Monbu-Kagaku-sho Scholar. He was research fellow in Ecole Centrale Paris in 2008. Professor Jahangir did his BSc in Civil Engg with major in Structure and MSc in Civil and Geotechnical Engineering from BUET.
Professor Jahangir has multidisciplinary research interests and has publications in international journals and conferences. His current research topics are “Risk Sensitive Land Use Planning of Mega City”, Physical and Numerical Modeling of Liquefaction Hazard, Mitigation against Seismic Liquefaction, Cyclic Behavior of Non-plastic silt, Reinforced Earth, Earthquake Resistant Foundation in Soft Soil, Climate Resilient Concrete, Climate Resilient Road.
Professor Jahangir was involved in many consultancy projects where he designed/checked high rise RCC buildings, Communication towers, Jetty, Shore Pile, Embankment, Container Terminal, Ground Improvement, Bridge Foundation etc. He supervised many MSc and PhD students. He was involved in pile load testing, pile integrity testing, concrete mix design and development of laboratory and field-testing equipment.
Professor Jahangir actively involved in National and International professional bodies. He is life member and was Treasurer of Bangladesh Society for Geotechnical Engineering (BSGE), which is Bangladesh Chapter of ISSMGE. He is life fellow of Institute of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB). He is life member of Bangladesh Earthquake Society (BES). He was Treasurer of Bangladesh Earthquake Society (BES).
Certificate of Attendance
Certificate of attendance will be awarded after completion of all video lessons and quizzes