Civil Engineering online short courses are developed by www.ourprofessors.com for practicing civil engineers who want to develop his carrier day by day by learning new topics of civil engineering. These short courses are mostly practical need oriented. These are not like academic courses taught in universities. hundreds of civil engineers are already learning from this platform with full comfort and satisfaction. The main objective is “learn from anywhere, anytime within your schedule”.... continue.
This user guide shows how to sign up, login to OurProfessors.com. It will explain how to start free and paid courses here. If you have any further query or difficulty arise, please call our IT department at 01885973770 or email to email@example.com.... continue.
The paper depicts the comparison between using T-shape (flange) shear wall and regular rectangular wall in Tall building. In this paper, a special focus has been drawn regarding the total lateral displacement if a certain concrete volume is used for providing flange with a rectangular wall keeping the volume the same.The design of tall buildings essentially involves to safely carry gravity and lateral load by a efficient system . Generally rectangular shear walls are used to control lateral displacement by using its stiffness characteristic.... continue.
For design of pile foundation as per BNBC 2006 the following must be considered
• A plan or layout showing clearly the designation of all piles by identification must be provided
• All details of individual pile must be recorded
• A copy of such plan and details must be provided at the site during construction
• Installation of pile foundations shall be under the direct supervision of a competent engineer
• All piles shall be braced to provide lateral stability in all directions considering that the three or more piles connected by a rigid cap as being braced and the two-pile group by a rigid cap is braced only two pile direction
• Pile cross section shall be of sufficient size and strength to withstand driving stresses
• Pile diameter, length and reinforcement must be maintained during construction